Currently in production:
- Project! Or: Venice Is For Lovers (short drama) Storm’s new lesbian domestic bliss is disrupted when her badboy artist ex calls to beg her for one last visit–on his deathbed.
- Sisters’ Sunday Funday! (short dramedy)
- Official Selection: Move Me Productions, Belgium (online), 1st edition, Nominee, 2016
- Official Selection: Women’s Only Entertainment (online) Nominee, January 2016
- And In Her It Danced: An Inheritance (narrative feature) a metatheatrical family melodrama of the dispossessed, a slow and awkward death-dance by the supposed 1%
- The Half-Life Secure (narrative feature) an absurdist mythological meditation on gender, security, and the divided self in the contemporary metropolis
- Bountiful Borrego! (9 min, mockumentary) a faux travel/nature/survival show that absurdizes the academic & art worlds’ ignorance of our physical environment
- World Premiere: April 12, 2013, Athens International Film + Video Fest (Athens, Ohio, USA)
- Official Selection: Wolves Independent International Film Awards (Winter 2016, Lithuania)
- Relevance! (7 min, tragicomedy) a heartwarming satire of art academia and the obsolescent role of the classicist within it. “A classical composer who pays his bills teaching music theory learns that arts academia jobs are as “publish or perish” as any others, and then some.”
- World Premiere: April 17th, 2015, Bad Film Festival (Brooklyn, NY, USA) ***The “Work Sucks” Award for Best Workplace Comedy, Satire, or Drama***
- Official Selection/Screening: May 27th, 2016 NY Eurasian Film Festival/USA Independent Film Festival (Brooklyn, NY, USA)
- Won: San Francisco Film Awards, February 2015: Best Student Film, Honorable Mention
- Dress Rehearsal (13 min, drama) A young dancer, depressed by the career repercussions of her broken arm, is snapped back to reality when her self-destructive gesture accidentally hurts her perky, doting housemate.
- premiered: August 20th 2016, Neu World Film Festival, Cedar Park, Utah, USA
- On Seeing And Being Seen (4 min, minimalist documentary) a feminist filming of the male gaze on topless protesters at Slutwalk NYC
- How To Open A Young Coconut and Walk Upon The Beach (8 min, experimental) a queer polyamorous love poem + a spellbinding music video + a failed raw foodist culinary demo
- Official Selection, Wendy’s Shorts, November 2015
- Eden’s Carpet (5 min, minimalist ghost narrative music video) of chicken coops and sex metaphor lullabies
- Try To Have Fun (experimental short) a very effortful endeavor, a successful jouissance, a strained laugh, a scheduled vacation
- The Domesty (experimental short) a symphony of comfort produced by the familiar sounds of home after a private tragedy
- Attila the Cat Has Caught A Mouse (3 min, stylized cat video) endearing the masses with iphone and Chopin
- Go Teach! (5 min, silent farce) a teacher gets stuck in a classroom while preparing for his first class of the semester–that’s all! it’s funny! (this was the first and last time I worked with a linear narrative…)
- Hanger Theater (2 min, experimental photoessay + violin free improv solo)
All films written and directed by Storm Garner, except Bountiful Borrego! which was co-written by Hannah Felt Garner, who also stars in it.
All films produced by Garner Sis. Productions, Inc.
Long haunted by the ephemeral nature of live performance, but undeniably formed as a storyteller by her vivid experiences in experimental theater, music, and performance art, Storm Garner has been studying film and video art at Columbia University since 2010, hoping to someday master a more archivable medium. She works regularly in independent film in NYC as a screenwriter, script doctor, production designer, art director, composer, music consultant, producer, and of course actor–in short: she enjoys helping her fellow filmmakers realize their storytelling dreams however she can, connecting talented artists to one another, and continuously learning from a diverse set of creative processes.